Fox Cancels FreedomWatch with Judge Napolitano

FreedomWatch Cancelled

Too truthful to tolerate?

Today, jaws could practically be heard dropping right on the facebook screen as news spread that FreedomWatch with Judge Andrew Napolitano has been cancelled.

“sad news friends, but don’t worry I’ll still be here defending liberty.http://bit.ly/Awg8Pb” Napolitano said in a facebook status update.

The move comes as no surprise to those who have watched as the ‘fourth estate’ has been compromised over the course of decades and the day after Napolitano told the world what we reported here a month ago- that Ron Paul can win the nomination even if he never wins a single state.  Was that report the straw that broke the establishment camel’s back?  I’ll leave that to the theorists.

FreedomWatch, based on my own personal experiences, was one of the most widely respected TV shows in existence- amongst those who prefer to learn the difficult truths that mark our time.  For years now, even at Tea Party events that were primarily driven by neo-conservative viewpoints, I’ve found universal praise for the work that Judge Nap has done for freedom.  AT LEAST those who only watched Fox shows were getting a healthy dose of the truth through FreedomWatch- now, Fox is devoid of even a single voice that I can call a force for liberty.

Napolitano is also accepted in Libertarian circles and is often found on short lists with the likes of Ron Paul & Lew Rockwell.  I’ve never personally met a political junkie who didn’t like at least some of what Judge Nap had to say, so it’s easy for the cancellation to seem absurd- except when one considers who actually calls the shots in Televisionland, which is the advertisers of course.

The question becomes, where will he go now?  Napolitano’s voice is certainly too loud and too valuable to stay suppressed for long. We’ll be watching in eager anticipation, but the good news is that if the above facebook/twitter message is any indication, he’ll be back.

Jason Rink is the Editor-in-Chief of The Liberty Voice. Executive Director of the Foundation for a Free Society. He is the producer and director of Nullification: The Rightful Remedy, and the author of “Ron Paul: Father of the Tea Party” the biography of Congressman Ron Paul. See more of his work at his writing at JasonRink.com and his film production work at FoundationMedia.org.

71 Comments

1. Ronda Wintheiser

February 10, 2012 at 10:17 am

Instead of cancelling and going off in a huff, why don’t we all write to the dipsticks and object? Tell them what you all just wrote here: that the last reason for watching them is gone. They care about their ratings; they brag about ‘em all the time! If enough people object, maybe we can make a difference?

We can arguably draw a parallel similar what happened to Juan, can’t we? If they really want to be fair and balanced and they’re willing to include liberals, why not libertarians???

2. New Jersey Patriot

February 10, 2012 at 11:02 am

Even though I disagree with the Libertarian position regarding the execution of foreign policy, I have always respected the judge. I would love to see a discussion between him and Mark Levin some time.

I followed Beck to GBTV and Fox lost me for two hours. I still watch it sometimes when Storage Wars is being repeated. Sometimes I want straight news so I watch it during the daytime hours…its a lot better than the others in that department. If (hopefully) the judge gets a slot on GBTV they will lose me for another hour.

The truth will ultimately prevail, even if the MSM, including Fox, tries to squelch it.

3. Bill Kay

February 10, 2012 at 11:15 am

Fox news has been irritating me for some long time now , it has become a program of nonsence , and no real meat , basically a waist of time , have not been happy with blabber mouth Biill O the way he overwhelms his gusts with his , I am always right smug attitude , they evade most of the real important issues , and they wont take a stand on anything , under the guise of d fair and balanced that is crapolla we get no news it seems as an example of the no show court case in Georgia of O boma being put on the ballat ect. its not a good news station , at this point cant understand how they can maintain the # 1 spot on TV. they just dont have it.

4. Rich Brown

February 10, 2012 at 11:25 am

This is a new age and there will be other ways to reach the Judge and for the Judge to reach (us). Track him and keep getting good information. But more importantly – do something with it. Learn the system and get behind actual efforts to win the fight. If all we do is complain, we deserve what we get. Right?

5. Bob Marshall

February 10, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Do people actually not know who the latest organization to join the Council on Foreign Relations happens to be?

6. Sam

February 10, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Well at least this will wake some people up to the fact the media has no free thoughts or ideas they are being told what to do every second of the day so they can manipulate the american people to go to war, who to vote for, it is called operation mockingbird it was developed in the 80’s….
    Anyone who disagrees hasn’t actually researched anything for themselves

7. sam jackson

February 10, 2012 at 2:34 pm

The programing is NOT dictated to by the advertisers 95% of the media is owned and operated by the illuminati. They are the enemies of freedom and of Freedom Watch!

8. joe

February 10, 2012 at 3:18 pm

More proof that Fox is become a liberal outlet, not a lot better than CNN, NBC or the NYTimes. I have stopped watching, because the “fair and balanced” has taken a hard turn to the left.

9. tim

February 10, 2012 at 3:53 pm

fox lost me! they are run by a bunch of un-americans. Get the F$%&^^&^&%$k out of our country.

God Bless Ron Paul

10. Roland

February 10, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Oh well, I’ll look at the bright side. At least I’ll save a few bucks a month not paying extra for FBN anymore.

11. rod

February 10, 2012 at 6:30 pm

@ CHANGE.ORG IS SOROS!!! , CHANGE.ORG may just be old George there, but I WILL tell you this much, he IS going to see change all right, and it sure as heck will NOT be what he is expecting the outcome to be, that’s for darned sure !!!!!

12. RANDY

February 10, 2012 at 8:40 pm

A real shame the voice of the libertarian is the voice of the American patriot that truly understands what is being done o our nation . our foreign policy is abysmal and expensive. time to let the world care for its own and for us to fix our nation before those in power now destroy her utterly

13. Linda

February 10, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Maybe his show was costing O”Reilly some of his rating. I just ordered Fox News Channel to watch the Judge, guess. I will cancel, first Beck now the Judge,my two favorite shows now gone.

14. Jacquelene Jones

February 11, 2012 at 9:08 am

I DO watch Judge Napalitano whenever I can catch him, because I trust his wisdom and opinions. I’m going to miss the program, but hope he’ll be on other Fox news programs whenever wisdom is called for!

15. Sharon

February 11, 2012 at 11:11 am

I’ll write to Fox and tell them why I am not watching their station any more.

16. Val

February 12, 2012 at 7:45 pm

I think Fox cancelled the Judge because independents like myself have gotten sick of Hannity and O’Reilly and were looking for a good alternative. I think the Judge was pulling viewers away from the Fox Channel and the smucks in the puzzle palace with the network didn’t like it.

Well, I won’t go back to the regular Fox network and now have to look for a new alternative. They had better not cancel Stossel.

17. Lonestar Jack

February 13, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Good bye FOX.
    It was nice will it lasted.

18. Roger

February 14, 2012 at 2:28 am

I signed up for GBTV which is great, and I will sign up for Judge Nap when and if he goes that way. I now have no reason to watch FOX.

19. CURTIS

February 14, 2012 at 7:00 am

He will be at GBTV , him and Glenn are tight..

20. Rich Birkett

February 17, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Who’s next? John Stossel?

21. Disappointed American

April 18, 2012 at 2:35 am

I love the judge! I am tired of the left using intimidation and threats to drive their socialist messages. I thought Fox was was above that and the truth was more important. You can’t be for freedom if you’re against the judge!